About 55,000 LED tube lights are being recalled because they can overheat, melt and possibly burn someone.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday that Osram Sylvania, the maker of the light, received 34 reports from customers that the lights had overheated or melted down. No injuries were reported.
The recall is for the SubstiTUBE IS T8 LED light with model numbers 73312-1 or 73315-1. The tubes are white and 48 inches long. They were sold between December 2014 and May 2015. About 46,300 were sold in the U.S. and 8,700 were sold in Canada.
Customers should stop using the tube light, remove it from its fixture and contact Danvers, Massachusetts-based Osram Sylvania at (877) 423-3772 for a free replacement.
View more information: https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/about-55000-osram-sylvania-led-tube-lights-recalled-because-they-can-overheat-and-melt